There is a spirit at Finance for Impact that you will find nowhere else. Our clients come to us with some of the most difficult global challenges, seeking solutions where the obvious would usually fail. At Finance for Impact, ideas are made to matter.
We seek high-caliber individuals with a blend of skills and experience who are exceptional problem-solvers, capable of rigorous analysis, at ease working across cultures, and knowledgeable about project management.
Whether you’re an experienced professional or a recent graduate, working with Finance for Impact will give you access to endless opportunities to use what you know, extend your skills, and create new futures for our clients, our firm and yourself.
There’s no corporate mold to fit and hierarchy doesn’t get in the way. Better ideas win and everybody is encouraged to contribute.
Write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
ECLECTIC. ENERGETIC. COMMITTED. That’s our culture.
We are looking for passionate, committed people who are open to joining a growing, entrepreneurial organization.
Current opportunities include:
Business Development Manager
Finance for Impact is seeking an Assistant to provide document production and clerical support to the staff. The ideal candidate will be a team player with a sharp eye for detail who is self-motivated, enjoys problem-solving, and is able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
Attention to detail, the ability to produce polished, error-free documents, and excellent time management skills are a must. The primary job tasks include formatting and manipulating Word and Excel documents and providing administrative support services (meetings, expenses, etc.) for the firm.
Responsibilities include :
- Provide support in the tendering process, from identification of tenders to submission of proposals
- Prepare reports, memoranda, exhibits, letters, and other documents for client projects
- Create flowcharts, fact sheets, diagrams, and graphics in PowerPoint or Adobe Creative Suite
- Proofread documents for typographical and format errors
- Import and manipulate exhibits from Excel and PowerPoint into Word text files
- Print and bind documents; arrange for shipping
- Enter data in Excel, Access, or other software
- Maintain electronic and hard-copy files appropriately
- Arrange multi-party conference calls and webinars
- Complete and submit expense reports on behalf of senior staff, as requested
- Provide travel planning services such as airline, hotel, and rental car reservations
- At least three years of relevant work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in both French and English, including great attention to detail and ability to proofread
- Advanced use of Word and PowerPoint; proficient use of Excel and Adobe Pro
- Sense of humor, strong time management skills and a proactive, hardworking attitude are crucial
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required
Your application should be sent to: email@example.com. Please submit both a cover letter and CV when
applying to a position, and mention the reference of the job opening. Please provide sampling material of your work
(papers, visuals, articles, conference presentation, etc.)
Finance for Impact is seeking a Project Manager to provide support to our assignment and development. The ideal candidate excels in quantitative and qualitative analysis, and wants to put their skills to work in transforming organizations, advising policymakers and shaping new initiatives. The person is a committed self-starter with an excellent academic record, a passion for development and an entrepreneurial spirit. They enjoy collaborating with teams while traveling and working across continents and cultures.
Responsibilities Include :
- Help the senior management in preparing tendering documents and presentations
- Undertake socio-economic research. Assume all responsibilities of the project cycle from A to Z until successful and timely completion of all requirements, with the assistance, support and overall guidance of the Director
- Design research methodologies and tools
- Conduct secondary research and literature reviews and key informant interviews
- Lead qualitative and quantitative field work such as key informant interviews, case studies, focus groups and field observations
- Write concept notes, draft and final reports, report highlights and online policy briefs
- Provide strong analysis and recommendations in line with policy and academic standards
- Take full responsibility for all written outputs and align them with company guidelines on style and content
- Lead workshops, launches and conferences as needed
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Science, Math, Engineering or a related field
- Excellent academic record
- Strong analytical abilities, both quantitative and qualitative
- Ability to present information in an insightful and structured manner, both written and oral
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams to accomplish ambitious goals
- Understanding of the political and cultural environments of international organizations or development issues (through internships, volunteerism, coursework or other experience)
- Ability to be patient and to work well within a team
- Ability to cope well under pressure, work irregular hours and meet tight deadlines
- Adaptability to tough working and living environments
- Strong ethics
In addition, if you have skills or abilities in the following areas, please be sure to let us know in your application :
- Fluency in foreign languages
- Mastery in Excel or PowerPoint
- Experience in financial analysis
- In-depth knowledge of topics related to Finance for Impact’s work
- Demonstrated ability to innovate new programs, ideas or initiatives
Candidates selected for interviews will be invited to interview by phone in the first round. Interviews will test consulting skills through case questions, and discuss the candidate’s interests and experience. As the interviews progress to further rounds, candidates may be asked to interview in-person at our office.
Your application should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit both a cover letter and CV when applying to a position, and mention the reference of the job opening. Please provide sampling material of your work (papers, visuals, articles, conference presentation, etc.)
Responsible for providing proven geographic, technical or sector-specific knowledge in support of research projects, External Consultants bring not only their decades-long experience but also the assurance of having all assets on board for a successful deliverable. If selected, you will be added to Finance for Impact’s internal roster and asked to update your details and availability routinely. If you would like to be added to the roster of External Consultants, please contact email@example.com.
Research Assistants (Internship Program)
Finance for Impact internships are generally three to six months long but can vary from a few weeks to a year, depending on the intern’s background and the role to be assigned.
If you are selected for our program, we’ll work with you to understand your interests and assign you to a role that aligns with your personal and professional goals. Past interns have helped solve a range of interesting challenges, from conducting research on municipal finance in the Palestinian Territories to organizing a comparative analysis on knowledge management agendas in multilateral institutions. Some of our past interns also traveled to the field to conduct investigations.
We accept applications from exceptional business school, economics, science and humanities students who are nearing the completion of their undergraduate or graduate studies. Several students are selected each year to work with us in a wide variety of support roles, in both research and operations.
Though we hire interns with diverse backgrounds and perspectives, successful candidates typically have the following characteristics:
- Experience living, studying or working in a developing country
- Academic credentials from a leading university
- Entrepreneurial mindset and willingness to build our organization
- Commitment to raising living standards around the world
Your application should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit both a cover letter and CV when applying to a position, and mention the reference of the job opening.